Friday, January 28, 2011

With this picture, I tried to capture an "Eggleston moment". Although the person is the main focus of he picture, however, he seems aloof and unintrested, giving the picture a lonely feel.

This is a scene where we can all relate to, everyone has eaten breakfast at one point or another.

The bright oranges and blues also reminded me of a somewhat Eggleston color scheme. We have a few pastels and earthy tones with hints of bright colors in there.

As with any "Eggleston" like picture, whats in the frame actually has nothing to do with breakfast at all. To one, this is a scene at the breakfast table. To me, this is a reminder of a long night.To someone else, thi is a random boy. To me, its Kevin, and I've known him since the 6th grade. This picture is nostalgic to me as well because it reminds me of good times. To others, it would be nostalgic because it reminds them of breakfast with their grandparents or whoever, and breakfast is comfort foods. So lke Eggleston's photos, I felt that this was a soothing photo as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment